Tuesday, 27 November 2007

After Scanlon

You’re near, precipice falls

it just occurred to me to write

while I dream of you

soft white tattoo

elongated in defence of suns

you’re my more than this

seeping about m, in

every step of out-sole

worn like skates to hard

for parquetry floors and

double-dance doors.

A man, tall black

the mountain stumbled

struck from dark stars

in iron nights

I heard him talk once

enough for seas to moan

and you to slip away

I hear him outside now,

his hand poised at the

door

A knack – deep and ringed

old like firs buried in

ruined cities

An unfinished play on

one hand – dead white

tune the other. Count

me out of goblet crusts

and sandstone fires.

mine is nothing anymore

mine is nothing before

love’s bright bursting

No comments:

Post a Comment

.


Free counter and web stats