coming down tails and ties
I'm nothing if I'm not this high
there's an orbit to be made, languid and
crushed stinging
eye-shadow crimes still dangling
the 80's in your face
I did my time then - eating out,
taking in the sites
Leary would like it that way,
outer-rim spectacle an' all
Not like Stevens, nope, not like him at all
That's how I can tell, the chips, the metal
teeth
danger, danger,
circularities of wool, showing knitting's not
the adventure sport grandma would have you believe
she's nothing new.
so today's city scrappy, vengeful tiles,
the whole caboose-shunt-dodge no more
that's where I'd be -
hey don't you want to bleed?
there's all guarantees it's better than
a promise
where you been then, huh?
maybe better than the last, flick up tail
dot
for
dot
Noting how passing me makes the talk of drinks
sardine the time-line into rugs and dark-chocolate
I want to wear sandles and socks-
I had permission aged 5
a nod, a wave, a coat-tail flick.
Done.
No comments:
Post a Comment