Monday, 17 November 2008

Yerke Nayev Aghotk Eh *

I promised to see it all again
ragged and hemmed by too many stitches

I still pick at it, unthreading hairs,
clutching tweezers, pulling and probing

pull back the bedding, re-run the tear -
unsafetied and unhinged, tinkling

said just say out loud, such things
but you don't know I'm up now

just enough so I can hear you
as you are with the excision of

our life's exposed here early
to radiation, steep and strong

whir, click, whir - see this with you now,
over chemical peels, straight out

as long as your hair, I feel privilege
that's what I said 'lucky to have...'

no one got deeper, but that's your
burden not mine love, your malfunction

as long as it takes eh
no, no, not for you fledgling




* Songs Are Also Prayers

No comments:

Post a Comment

.


Free counter and web stats