Thursday, 10 September 2009

some reasons and/or excuses for my former life

Can't remember, what went wrong last september,
though I'm sure you'd remind me, if you had too ~

Comfortable - John Mayer

To tell the truth, I'm not sure what
happened, and I wish you'd remind me,
if you could

it was...sudden, a tense loss a knee-jerk
something, a conviction of the best way
forward clay-charge with no oversight

like we knew what we were doing, asking
everyone for directions, asking children
to dismantle a church,of deep religions,
that they had no business in

it's all the public slips, feeling my answer's
out there, in them, spattered over bbqs, beer
cocktails in your new dress - and they've, them,
with pearls, to me in your gin-gossip

they're easy to hate - given keys
to you, many many, without the instructions
...it's fission for kids...alchemy for
cherubs bent on candy-thin lives

they'll never know, incapable of knowing
what we felt like, and the hard, hollow (lost-wax method)
that sinks into this silted body, a rumbled
unsettled teeter in foetid canals

No comments:

Post a Comment

.


Free counter and web stats